INTERNATIONAL CLASSICAL GUITAR COMPETITION „GUITART” (ONLINE)
Event organiser: Association “Fusion Way”, Partners: AMDFA-Plovdiv, „SAVAREZ”, etc.
- The competition is open for guitarist from all over the world from 18 to 35 years of age at the 31.12.2020.
- The participation fee is 100 €
The fees are transferred to a bank account, with credit card or via PayPal:
3. Documents for participation:
- Application for participation;
- Fee payment receipt copy/original.
4. Competition program includes two rounds:
FIRST ROUND – an audio-video recording with 10-15 minutes free program by choice with works of various musical-historical eras.
The link to the audio-video recording in www.youtube.com should be send till 25.09.2020 to an email address:
Maximum 6 participants go to the second round with the highest score and according the jury opinion.
SECOND ROUND (01.11. 2020)
– an audio-video recording with 20-25 minutes free program by choice with works of various musical-historical eras. Repertoire from the first to second round is not allowed. The repertoire should be performed by heart!
The video recordings must meet the following requirements:
- Pronunciation of the name and surname of the participant;
- Presentation of the composer and the works;
- The video must be in MP4 format with min. 720p resolution, horizontal position of the camera and with good brightness;
- Hands and face should be clearly visible throughout the recording;
- The whole competition program must be performed as in a normal competition (all pieces are shot in one video file, in one frame, without any additional video or audio editing);
The final second round will be streamed live on November 1, at 10:00 Bulgarian Time, on FB and guitart.bg
The organizers reserve all rights to broadcast the competition via web platforms, social networks, TV and radio stations, and contestants cannot claim financial compensation for their videos.
5. The assessment:
The assessment criteria of the jury are: artistic and technical difficulty of the repertoire, compliance of the musical text, originality of the interpretation, culture and variety of the sound, artistry.
It also reserves the right not to give all the announced prizes. The decisions of the jury are final.
6. Prize fund:
- 1500 € Cash Prize
- Participation at minimum 8 elite European Guitar Festivals within the framework of the project EuroStrings during 2021, including 200€ scolarship pro festival, full accommodation, full covering of all transport costs;
- Participation in the „EuroStrings Artists” Competition with First prize 8 000 euro and concert tour in China and USA;
- Concert in the International Guitar Festival „GuitArt”, Plovdiv, 2021;
- Subject awards.
Second prize: 500 euro and subjects awards
Third prize: 300 euro and subjects awards
All participants in the Second round receive the Diplom “Finalist”.
Prof. Marco Tamayo (Cuba/Austria) – Classical guitarist, winner of the most prestigious guitar competitions in the world
Assoc. Prof. Darko Bageski (North Macedonia) – Classical guitarist, Art Director of Tremolo Guitar Festival in Skopje
Prof. Stela Miteva-Dinkova (Bulgaria) – Professor at Academy of Music and Dance Art – Plovdiv
Assoc. Prof. Veselin Koychev (Bulgaria) – Associated Professor at Academy of Music and Dance Art – Plovdiv
Mak Grgić (Slovenia) – Classical guitarist, Artistic director of EuroStrings
Competition Organization Board reserves the right to make potential changes